The course is aimed at children from 7 through 16 years of age.
Japanese Abacus (Soroban)
The Japanese Abacus is a tool used to develop the ability to perform mathematical operations quickly and effectively. It allows to reason in different ways simultaneously, which allows to improve the mental ability on the numerical calculation.
Mathematics focuses on the left hemisphere of our brain, also responsible for logic and language learning. However, the use of the Japanese abacus also stimulates the right hemisphere of the brain, helping in the development of the artistic and sensory area.
Benefits of the Japanese Abacus
Besides facilitating the learning of Mathematics, the Japanese Abacus also develops other capacities:
- Increase in the capacity for concentration and attention.
- Increase in creativity and development of photographic memory.
- Understanding the position of the digits, as well as the meaning of basic operations in a practical way.
- Ability and agility to perform mental calculations.
- Development of logical thinking and reasoning.
- Strengthening self-confidence
To maximize benefits, perseverance and perseverance are important. Like all courses, the results are reflected in the learning process.
Our classes are composed of two areas:
- Mathematical operations using the Japanese Abacus.
- Integral development of intelligence through game diversity.
The course begins introducing our students in the use and learning of the different rules to use the Japanese Abacus. After mastering the different rules, mental calculation begins to be applied, where students learn to visualize the Japanese Abacus and go through the mental movements to obtain the answers to mathematical operations immediately.
Throughout each class, different games alternate so that students have fun while they learn.
Math Games provides all the materials to be used in each class.